The office of Complete Family Dentistry has a variety of solutions to help restore the look and function of lost and damaged teeth. For many patients, crowns and bridges are great options.
A crown is a tooth-shaped cap that is bonded over a tooth to repair or replace it. Crowns strengthen and enhance the appearance of a natural tooth and can also act as a covering for a dental implant to replace a lost tooth. Crowns are also placed over a tooth that has undergone root canal therapy to protect it and prevent fracturing.
Our office offers high-quality porcelain crowns to protect and strengthen tooth structure and improve the overall appearance of your smile. Porcelain crowns can be used to:
- Restore a tooth that is broken or worn down
- Provide structural support to a dental bridge
- Support a tooth that has been weakened by a large filling
- Serve as a replacement tooth to cover a dental implant
- Improve the appearance of misshapen or discolored teeth
Dental bridges consist of two crowns and one or more false teeth. They are used to replace missing teeth that are between healthy, natural teeth. When a missing tooth is replaced using a dental bridge, the healthy, adjacent teeth (called abutment teeth) are crowned in order to support the bridge.
There are numerous advantages of replacing a missing tooth with a dental bridge. A dental bridge can:
- Enable you to chew and speak properly
- Restore the appearance and functionality of your smile
- Maintain proper occlusion by keeping surrounding teeth from shifting out of place
- Maintain the shape of your face by improving the appearance of sunken in cheeks
To learn more about crown and bridge restorations, contact our office at (954) 374-6777 for a consultation. We are conveniently located on Bayview Drive in Fort Lauderdale.